Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The People Behind Interlink - David Knauss

Posted by David Knauss, President

My first trip to Kazakhstan was in 1992. When we deplaned onto the tarmac it was very early morning and it was a beautiful clear crisp day. I could see the mountains that surround Almaty like watch towers protecting the sleeping city. As beautiful as that was (and still is) what caught my heart was the Kazakh people themselves. That very morning I knew a part of my heart would never leave.

My wife, Theresa, and I moved to Kazakhstan in 1993 and have had a wonderful life over the last 14 years working, living, learning and raising our family in Kazakhstan. In 2007, we returned to the US. However our love for the people of Kazakhstan continues and even though we are living in the US its our hope and desire to deepen our friendships that have been so rich and a significant part of our lives over the years.

Theresa and I have 4 wonderful children. The oldest, Jenae, will be a high school senior this coming year. Natalie will be a sophomore and our boys Daniel and Caleb 6th and 5th grade respectively. We are all adjusting to life in the US and its many different nuances. We will have the great joy of returning to our beloved Kazakhstan next month as a family for several weeks.

I am currently the president of Interlink Resources and will be working at expanding our base of support and operations here in the US. Interlink is a great company and the partnerships and friendships we develop both here in the US and in Kazakhstan are touching hearts and changing lives of both Kazakhs and Americans alike. The relationships being developed will have significant and long lasting impact.