Tuesday, August 19, 2008

At the Dentist

Posted by Moldir Kidirbekova, Youth Impact Coordinator

On the 23rd of July Saule, her friend Aishat, and I went to the dentist. While on the way to the dentist Saule asked me several times if the operation would be painful.  I comforted her that it wouldn’t be painful and encouraged her that even if it was a little painful she should bear it with great patience knowing she was going to get rid of her toothache and have her teeth fixed. Aishat, her friend who is also from the Youth House, came with her to support her. The dentist put in a temporary filling and asked Saule to come back in two weeks. The operation went painlessly. Even though Saule was nervous before the operation she sat calmly and didn’t express her fear at all. I was proud of her great patience. The dentist liked her because of her appropriate behavior as a patient. We said goodbye and left the office. I asked her to take care of her fixed tooth and do every thing that the dentist told her. I stood at the bus stop and watched them while they were walking to their bus stop. They looked back at me several times smiling. I smiled back being happy because of seeing them happy.