Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ulan Work Group

Posted by Bethany Planton, Ulan Work Group Leader

Wow! It is kind of hard to believe that I am here again. Last summer when I left Kazakhstan I did not think that I would be coming back this year, but everything just fell into place for me to come back. This year I have the great privilege of leading a delegation. This delegation consists of three wonderful women and myself. Daphne, Ila, and Karen are just amazing. I wish all of you could spend as much time with them as I get to, but to kind of make up for it I am going to write about each one of them.


Meet Daphne – Daphne lives in Muncie, Indiana. She has three young adult/ teenage boys Nick, Nathan, and Tyler. She enjoys her job working with elementary-age children and putting together short videos. Her favorite color is purple. Daphne is quite creative and very sweet. This is her second trip to Kazakhstan. Her first one was back in 2002 on the Taraz 2000 Delegation.

Meet Ila – Ila lives in Anderson, Indiana about a ½ of an hour away from Muncie. She is a registered nurse and does home care. Ila has a grown son named Allen. Her favorite color is red. Ila is always willing to help and has a great heart. This is Ila's first trip to Kazakhstan!

Meet Karen – Karen lives in Forest, Virigina. She enjoys her job as a physical therapist assistant. Karen has two cats that share her home with her. Her favorite color is purple. Karen is generous and fun. This is Karen's third trip to Kazakhstan. She has been on the Ulan Delegation for the past two years.

Now that you have met my wonderful team, I hope you enjoy reading all about we are doing while we are here in Kazakhstan.