Friday, October 24, 2008

A Face that Lights Up

Posted by Marci Meeks, Delegate

I have heard many stories from many friends over the years about Kazakhstan.  I have listened to their excitement wondering if I would ever share in the experience.

Well, I am here.  I have come and I found out today why I am here.  Our first day in Taraz, a visit to Saramoldaeva and meeting Oksana, the child whom we sponsor  - the purpose of this trip.  As I wandered through the rooms, I was in awe of the cheerful, colorful, light-filled rooms.


As we were entering another room, I was told that my child was inside.  As I entered the room, many people walked ahead of me, so I viewed this small face between bodies that instantly lit up.  She ran to me and jumped into my arms and we held each other so tight.  We hugged and when we leaned back to look into each other's faces, she took her hands and cupped my face.  It is so hard to explain how her touch said more than words ever could.  It was precious.  She is precious!  Our tears and smiles and the warmth of her little body next to mine ...  I did not want the moment to end.  I am so excited to spend more time with her tomorrow!