Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Thoughts About the Carnival

Posted by Balzhan Agibayevna, Youth Impact Participant 


The concept 'carnival' means entertainment. For a carnival you try all the stations and go through all the difficulties set in front of you. Having participated in the carnival I understand that life is not so difficult.  I helped Kiikzhan and Ken by supporting them in the sponge toss station and tried to do the job I was given.

As I watched the kids playing, I remembered my own childhood, when I lived at Ulan Orphanage. We used to have carnivals with the Americans in the evening, when we enjoyed our time without getting tired.  We were surprised that the carnival didn't take place for any special reason, but just to help us be self-confident, brave and ambitious in our lives.  Life is full of miracles, colors and surprises. There are not only bad patches in life.  You may think it over and take a different view of life, and understand that it is not the end of everything. 

Playing with the kids I thought that now they are the ones who are hurrying to play, trying to know more and doing what they are told.  On the day of the carnival the children hurried, argued with each other, and didn't get in line.   However, I understood that they just wanted to have a good time.  They also wanted to lead a varied life.  In spite of the cool weather they weren't sad and continued playing.  I had good impressions of our time.   I am very grateful for Interlink Resources and the staff for their support, understanding, and the opportunity we had of getting what we didn't have.