Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Impressions

Posted by Muhan Majinov, Youth Impact

It was my first time at Savva. We received a warm greeting.  Everyone looked happy to see us and I was glad I could help.   I liked the atmosphere.  The children's rooms were cozy and warm.  I liked the orphanage administration and children.  It looked like they have good relationships.  The children are fed well.  I enjoyed playing and talking with the kids.  I learned a lot about the life of orphans and I want to help them with anything I can.


We showed the movie "Racketeer", about criminal life in Kazakhstan, to the older boys. Watching it brought back memories from my past.  I enjoyed the discussion with the older boys after the movie.  They responded the same way I would have at their age.   They are young and I understand them well enough.  However, I know that deep inside they want to be good and respected people.  The movie wasn't shown to advertise criminal life, but to show the consequences and the end result of such a life.  I think the movie was useful for them and I also got a lot out of the discussion that followed.  I'm looking forward to visiting Savva again.