Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The People Behind Interlink - Beth Turnock

Posted by Beth Turnock, Interim Director

As the interim director of IRI's Taraz office, I have one of the most enjoyable jobs in that I get to see our vision carried out through our various departments. Rather than being focused on just one area, I get to support and encourage the work being done in all areas. Mostly, my role is to sign a lot of documents, make sure we stay on track with our initiatives, and serve those working with youth, orphanages and English programs.

Prior to being appointed to this position I filled the role of Business Manager, providing consultation and training to small and medium-sized businesses. I arrived in Kazakhstan in 2003 to work with Interlink and my life has been enriched greatly by my experiences and relationships.

Most who know me would say that I enjoy life and try to make the most of it. I like to encourage others to dream and be the best that they can be. Recently I helped write the Youth Impact Life Skills curriculum and am pursuing some possible for-profit business ventures on behalf of Interlink.

On a more personal note I love the outdoors, am especially fond of horses, enjoy reading, painting and drawing and I am always ready for a good cup of java. Friends and family are important to me and I especially value the time I get to just "hang-out" with those close to me. I want my life to be one where I make a difference wherever God has me.